History

Avgerinos Averoff, originally coming from Epirus in Northern Greece, bought the land on which the Villa Averoff lies today in 1833, when the the island of Evia got liberated from the Ottoman occupation. Since that date the estate has been owned by the Averoff family.

A village named Kirinthos was constructed around the property which employed many local families. The church, facing the stables, and the corn lofts were also built at that time. Throughout the years the villa hosted important figures of the political and cultural world.

On the same site, surrounded by the gardens which remained unchanged, the two present houses were rebuilt in 1935.

Since that time few changes have been made and the villa still retains something of past centuries.